When your vehicle is well maintained, you shouldn’t have the need for a towing emergency. But road hazards are out there; animals can’t be trusted next to highways, and tires can still go flat. Here are some items to help you if you’re ever faced with a roadside breakdown.
- Make sure your phone is well charged.
- Carry either flares or triangles to warn other drivers at night.
- Have a flashlight in the vehicle in case the electrical system fails.
- Be able to describe your vehicle: Color, make, model and where you are.
- If able, park as far off the road as possible.
- Be a member of an Auto Club.
- Follow the instructions of your dispatcher and tow operator.
Having these items available, and following the instructions given to you by towing professionals will keep you safe.